"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Salt of the Earth

Well, it looks like I am unsuccessful yet again in the Salt Publishing Crashaw Prize (thanks Kate) - http://blog.saltpublishing.com/2010/01/04/the-2009-crashaw-prize-shortlist/ I am consoling myself with the fact that, had they decided to publish the long list of 35 manuscripts, I would doubtless have been in there, probably at number thirteen.
120 entries at €18 a pop comes to €2160, which I daresay is more than enough to publish the four collections they promise. But they don't have to do it, so fair play to them.
Of the 12 finalists, 5 are from England, 5 from USA, 1 from Scotland and 1 (Eoghan Walls) from Ireland. It appears that Eoghan's entry has been withdrawn, which always intrigues me. A breach of the rules perhaps? An artistic decision that it wasn't perfect enough? Publishing himself?

3 comments:

  1. Eoghan Walls withdrew? Someone reading this must know why...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate.
    I think you may be overestimating the number of people who read my blog!
    But it is intriguing, isn't it?
    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog undoubtedly deserves a far wider audience!

    ReplyDelete