"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Thursday, December 10, 2009

An omission?

Southword 17 is currently online and next Tuesday evening they are holding the official Dublin launch at The Irish Writers Centre.
I received an email today advertising this fact. The email details the particulars and photos of some of the poets expected to read their work on the night, including Pat Boran, John Deane, Monica Corish, Theo Dorgan, Huh McFadden, Christodoulis Makris, David Mohan, Gerard Smyth and Joseph Woods.
The thumping in my heart as I read the email was stilled somewhat when I realised there was one omission - myself! The editors obviously rightly concluded that including Peter Goulding in the list of readers was not going to increase the audience significantly!
Still, I've never read any of my serious pieces in public before, so at least for me it will be an interesting evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment