"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

No Bunting this Christmas

Thanks to Michael - http://michaelfarry.blogspot.com/2009/12/basil-bunting-poetry-award-results.html - for the news that I failed to make the shortlist for the award. To be honest, it was such a long time ago that I submitted - before Poetry on the Lake? - that I had forgotten about it.
Looking back, I see I submitted a sort of terzanelle, except one with a lot more stanzas. When will I ever learn that formal, rhyming verse needs to be extra brilliant to get recognised?
I see Barbara Smith - continuing her good run - was the only Irish representative among the winning and commended entries. I read somewhere recently that there's not many Irish poets taking risks but I'm not widely enough read to comment.
Full results on http://www.basilbuntingaward.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment