"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lucidity results

Got a letter in the post yesterday from Ted O. Badger (surely a character from a Spike Milligan novel?) organiser of the International Lucidity Poetry Contest. Included was a newsletter containing the poems of the three winners of the 2009 competition and the names of the 25 highly commended poets who would receive a small token, myself included.
Also therein was a certificate to say that I had been highly commended for my poem Pyramid.
And finally, there was a crisp new $2 bill.
Now do not scoff! In monetary value it may not be much but this is the first time I have ever seen a $2 bill and I appreciate the gesture. How much easier to have sent 2 x $1 dollar bills...

No comments:

Post a Comment