"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Sunday, December 20, 2009

BookRix

Don't worry!! Not another Peter Goulding humorous verse book to bore you with. This one doesn't exist, except in internetland.
Instead of making sure that the family Goulding are well prepared for the imminent festivities, I've been farting about on www.bookrix.com Basically, there's a Winter Poetry contest and you upload your poems (the first of which must be about this time of the year) and then everyone in the BookRix community votes on it.
Frankly, I'm not particularly bothered if anyone votes for me or not. It was just a bit of a thrill to see my "book" in print, even though it isn't! The downside is that you get a number of emails asking to be my friend (a concept I have avoided for many years now) and promising to read my book and vote for it if I read and vote for theirs.
Frankly, I've read a few and to my untrained eye, the standard isn't all that high. Then again, neither is my own book. But its good fun rounding up all your winter poems like stray sheep.
So please please be my friend and read my book on http://www.bookrix.com/_title-en-peter-goulding-poems-about-winter-and-that-sort-of-thing and vote for it.
Only joking.

No comments:

Post a Comment