"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Monday, December 12, 2011

Auntie upped

As we all know, the festival that is IPYPIASM (International Put Your Poem in a Shop month) is not a competition. But the stirrings in Cork, Amerikay, Scotland, Amerikay again and now En-ger-land means we must not be seen to be slacking. So when my wife suddenly declared that the canary had no food, far from shrugging my shoulders, I actually volunteered to go up to the West End part of the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and save two birds with the one mercy dash.
Heaton's (above) was the first on the list
Hope you're noting a slight improvement in the quality of the presentation, typed out, like...



Next to Argos, with the cashier's eyes burning a hole in my back...





Then on to Pet World, where I actually remembered the bird seed



Next to a shop called Dealz, which I'd never heard of, seems to be some kind of pound shop. I excelled myself here with a spelling mistake in the final line. Doh! Heaney never had this problem.




And then finally to Halfords (well, why not?) for one final effort

As you can see I'm not nearly as brave as Titus who places her poems prominently in the centre of the main display.I chicken out and choose a cultural backwater...

For the latest news on IPYPIASMs around the world, please check Niamh B's blog.


Auntie upped.

8 comments:

  1. AAAAAARGGGHHHH. No pressure then.

    I like them all, but the last three are particularly magnificent. I am also in awe of their brandedness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done peter, a veritable blitz, you're ireland's answer to Titus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well done! I especially like the one that broke free...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so brave. I really must get out there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very smart presentation! And you inspired me to go for the spontaneous look with your last ones.

    I think I'll go for "neatly printed" next time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your "escaped" poem!

    You sir, are utterly brilliant. And braver than I...yet inspirational. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your two-bitch pun and like everyone else admire your escaped poem very much. Do you use tape for stick-um? Your guerilla poet-fare is inspiring too. Happy holidays, Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Many thanks everyone. This is dangerously getting addictive. Chris, yes, sellotape and a camera. Sorry Dominic, Titus shamed me with her presentation!
    Oh and I'm not brave in the slightest.

    ReplyDelete