"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Swift Satire Shortlist

Many thanks to Michael Farry for posting up the twelve shortlistees for the Trim Swift Festival Satire competition, an unusual competition in that poetry and that other writing thing that isn't poetry compete equally for the ultimate prize.
My utter delight at seeing my own name among the twelve chosen ones has only been tempered slightly by seeing Sean Lyons' name there also. Sean, a Mayo man uprooted to Kerry, has a the rather annoying habit of "whupping my ass" whenever we meet in direct competition. I even offered to plug his admittedly hilarious book and CD It Could be Verse in my sidebar if he retired but it ominously appears he is back with a vengeance.
I also see the brilliant Maureen Gallagher's name up there, and Roy Murray of the Meath Writers Circle and Oliver McDonagh of Navan, all of whom have been shortlisted before, so I doubt I'll be in the final shake up, but I'm still thrilled to have got this far.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congratulations! You appear on more shortlists than Felicity Kendal's bum!

    ReplyDelete