"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Iggy McGovern launch tonight

Sadly I am working tonight until 7pm, so won't be able to get down to the Graduate Memorial Building in Trinity College for the 6.30pm launch of Iggy McGovern's second collection, Safe House.
The physics professor is one of my favourite all time poets and his first book King of Suburbia made a huge impact on me - a book of poems that often rhyme, are often humorous yet have a great depth. I still think of the title poem and the "21 wheelie-bin salute," when driving into my estate on bin-day.
Prior to this book I had always thought serious poetry had to be impenetrable...

No comments:

Post a Comment