"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Friday, September 10, 2010

Good Sherry Trifle

If you haven't already got Kate Dempsey's Good Sherry Trifle poetry pamphlet, why not?

I know she's not particularly fond of describing her poetry is 'quirky' but that's exactly what it is. How else can you describe a poem that starts, "One day, when I was thirteen, my mother's hands fell off."? Fifteen intriguing and very different poems, all great fun to read and very modern but slightly disturbing should you decide to dig a little deeper.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks lads. I'm blushing (and eating trifle without using my hands)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got it! I bought it! I love it! She's great.

    ReplyDelete