"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

From Mags Treanor

Tonight is the Race Week edition of Loose Lips with the theme: Winners & Losers!
I'd love to see you there. RTE radio one will be around to do a feature on the show for their Morning Ireland Programme, so we're hoping for a big turn out.
Call the Roisin to reserve tickets, or just come along tomorrow. 9pm start and we plan to kick off as punctually as possible.
One night, ten stories. If you can tell a story in about five minutes on the topic of Winners & Losers put your name in the hat, and if not, we need plenty of listeners, so do come along...
and drop by my blog...
http://arsekick.blogspot.com/2010/07/tooth-or-campervan.html
best,
Mags

I believe this takes place in the Roisin Dubh, Galway on the last Wednesday of every month and is hosted by Mags and Tommy Tiernan. Seems like a great bit of craic but I have to pick my wife up from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (dear God) and will be unable to attend.

Was fortunate enough to meet the irrepressible Mags at Baffle last year and was impressed by the way she used humour to tackle a very dark theme. No idea how she got my email address!

4 comments:

  1. No doubt she googled you and found your blog. I see your e-mail plain as day to my right here>.>>>

    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? (Is that a musical now?)
    How was The Lion King? You never DID say.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well remembered Kat! Yeah, spill The Lion King beans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, sorry, just found previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dunno where I got it either Peter, in general if I want to contact anyone from the Loughrea area I just write 'Kennedy' on an envelope, but I also trawl emails for my list. Just back from the story night, it was great, but we could have done with you. There'll be one again next Wednesday in Headford.In the meantime I'll try make Cheevers on Friday (is it?)
    m

    ReplyDelete