"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Arses

Nothing to do with poetry or art or anything like that.
I was on the train out of town this morning, musing on the arse-biscuits mentioned in previous posts, and it just came to me how many people associated with English football have backside-related names. In a very short space of time, I came up with

Walter Winterbottom
Arsene Wenger
Dean Windass
Nicky Butt
John Bumstead
Rear Ferdinand (okay, that's a cheat)

The country is billions in debt, we're all screwed for the next twenty years and this is what occupies my mind...

7 comments:

  1. Don't tell, but I love your particular brand of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pete - I think what's occupying your mind and the state of the country are related.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought the folks on Coronation Street made up that "Windass" name. How on earth did a kid ever live that down?

    Hey! What about Nicky Butt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't mind me; I'll get a brain back in my head one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back (for a re:buttal).

    Not an arse per se, but there is always Bolton's Nigerian player, Shittu.

    Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Shittu is a terribly unfortunate name! Jennifer, yup, guess your right there! Arshavin,Michael,yes, particlarly if you pronounce it Arse-shavin'.
    Okay, enough arses...

    ReplyDelete