"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Poetry Divas 1

I've heard it said that an art critic - whether it be of a painting, a poem, a piece of sculpture or whatever - often ends up being far more creative than the object of his critique. Certainly I have read reviews of art exhibitions where I have barely understood a word.
I am not knowledgeable enough to review, with any degree of technicality, another poets work. But what I will say about this chapbook is - I love it.
The Poetry Divas are 3 poetesses who strut their stuff on any stage that will have them - and many do! - and they are certainly bringing a bit of rock and roll into poetry. This chapbook contains 17 classic numbers from Kate Dempsey, Niamh Bagnell and Triona Walsh. There are some that possibly might work better live but all are guaranteed to make you think, which I suppose is what poetry is all about.
Oh and there's a lorra lorra humour in there too (as Cilla might say) It is now my ambition to become a Poetry Diva.
You can get your copy here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for your supreme diva devotion! much appreciated. Hope you can catch one of our live shows soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm interesting! poetry merging with performance art. I really love this and love performance art. Shall check out these inspired ladies!

    ReplyDelete