"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Monday, February 8, 2010

A prompting from Willow

A very wise and learned man once decried exercises where you write to a prompt, arguing that the impulse for a poem, short story, novella etc should come from deep within, not artificially imposed upon you.
I write for The Community Voice up here in Dublin 15 and every issue I have to write a 1,000 words Musings column. And, curiously, the only times I really struggle, is if someone suggests what I should write about.
However, not having written very much in the line of poetry recently, I'm going to participate in a new photo prompt exercise from Willow.
Basically write about the picture above and post it on your blog tomorrow, Tuesday. Sure, why not? It might get my creative juices flowing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment