"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Strokestown sorted

Finally got my Strokestown entries sorted. Decided in the end to send by regular mail and save me €1 per poem in the process. Sent my usual 3 x humorous and 3 x serious.
The Serious ones posed no problem. They are ones I've been saving, hoping to crack this competition for the first time. Not that they are any good - just the best of my lot!
For once I agonised long and hard over the humorous ones. One has lots of puns and jokes, which I think should go down well. One is more funny/clever and slightly academic - I probably don't think its right for the competition but would love to see it in there.
And the third, I think, is very funny. However, if it is successful, my wife will be mortified...

No comments:

Post a Comment