"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Spirit First Poetry Competition

I entered an American poetry competition the other day. Free to enter. Theme spirituality. Received the following acknowledgement.

Thank you for your entry in the first annual Spirit First poetry contest. I am deeply touched by so beautiful an outpouring of the Universe that has come to me in the form of this poetry. I read every poem aloud…slowly…savoring its message as well as its form. Sometimes I cry because the message is so beautiful.

We are receiving poems from cities across the United States (from 39 states so far) and around the world (from India, England, Scotland, Canada, Australia, Nigeria, Malta, France, Romania, Philippines, and many others). We have received more than 400 entries and our contest continues for nearly two more weeks.

Winners will be announced no later than March 31 and posted on our website at
www.SpiritFirst.org and on our blog at www.SpiritFirst.blogspot.com. Spirit First will be publishing a book of poetry comprising our favorite entries, and following the contest, we will be asking permission of selected authors for inclusion in the book (authors will retain full rights).

I have loved the warmth and graciousness that accompany your emails and so much appreciation that has been expressed. I am sorry I have been unable to respond to everyone personally, but you and your writing are a gift to us at Spirit First and to all the world.

I wish you good luck with the contest and much continued success with all your writing.

With blessings,

*********
Executive Director
Spirit First

To be honest, it won't be the first time my poetry has made somebody cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment