"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Shitehawk

A while ago, I wrote a satirical piece called The Shitehawk, posted it up - http://politicalverse.blogspot.com/search?q=shitehawk - and thought no more of it.
Now a guy called Justin who plays in a band in England that does Hawkwind covers (not very well!) has asked if he can use some of it in the band's act.
Fine by me, I told him - I have no further use for it.
Through the years, I've had a few requests like this. My poem Atyeo 57 was used in the biography of the England and Bristol City footballer; Barry Murphy of Apres Match used a couple of my poems at a football awards event in Dublin a few years back; Liz Ryan of the wonderful Drawing Room Opera Company has used 'Satisfaction' in her act; an artist in Scotland used a small four line poem of mine to illustrate one of his paintings..
Personally, I love it and I really don't care if I'm not acknowledged (though usually I am)
All I need now is for Robbie Williams or Beyonce to pick one of them out....

No comments:

Post a Comment