"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Commended for Lucidity but...

Last month, I received an email from the wonderfully named Ted O. Badger who runs the American-based Lucidity Poetry Contest, saying that I had been highly commended in the competition and would be receiving a small cash prize in December. Not sure what I'm going to do with a dollar cheque but a little bit of recognition never goes astray.
The LCP is run to encourage people to write poetry that ordinary people can understand, a concept I agree with. Someone told me that you should be able to read poetry on more than one level and I think that’s pretty true. Some of today's poetry I can't understand on any level.
However, since then I have been scouring the net trying to find the other winners, to see what kind of standard I lost out to, and also to see which of the three poems I entered was successful.
To no avail. There is nothing out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment