"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Poetry on the Lake 2012

As you probably know, I have a self-imposed limit when entering poetry competitions of only shelling out €5 for the pleasure of seeing each poem vanishing into the ether. I will never enter anything run by Fish for that reason unless they have a complete re-think.
My one exception is the utterly fantastic Poetry on the Lake competition run by Gabriel Griffin from the Isolde San Julio in northern Italy. What a setting to go and read and drink in some of the best poetry around!

And last year, I got my chance! Against all expectations, I had a poem commended in the formal section and was invited over. Of course, as luck would have it, my daughter arranged to deliver us our first grand-daughter during the festival in September and, as designated driver, I could hardly swan off to Lake Orta, when grandfatherly help was required nearer to home.

Anyway, in the vain hope that lightning might strike twice, I am entering again this year. Its cheaper to get your entries in early and its not signicantly over my budget, so hope as they say springs eternal. I have also checked with my children and their partners and it appears nobody will be procreating around the autumnal equinox. Now all I need is a poem.

Details here.

1 comment: