"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Undesirable tenants

There’s a house in your community
the Council have been eying.
They seized it with impunity
for vacant it was lying.

And now there’s talk they’re letting it
to people who aren’t suited.
But soft, they won’t be getting it –
that move will be disputed.

I feel your hurt, I feel your pain,
your fear of mad carousing.
I know it’s vital to maintain
the value of your housing.

Why should they impose their clout
and make you suffer penance?
Why should they let their houses out
to undesirable tenants?

I’ve been accused, and wrongly so,
of words that are the basest,
but you, my dear constituents, know
yours truly is no racist.

I know this all seems sinister
but I am here to guide you.
No Fine Gael minister
will move in there beside you.

Environment Minister Phil Hogan asked his local council to stop a Traveller family getting a house after complaints to him as the local TD.


http://www.independent.ie/national-news/hogan-request-to-council-not-to-house-traveller-family-ignored-3241322.html





 

1 comment:

  1. Grr... I'll bet if he lived here he'd be a Republican. Heh.

    ReplyDelete