As usual, only poetry competitions with online entry included. And the UKs National Poetry competition excluded due to the incredibly large entry.
1) Poetry Kit Poetry competition. Quarterly competition. Open style. Small prize. No fee but donation requested via Paypal. By 30th September
2) Flash 500 competition for humorous poetry. Another quarterly competition. Bloody Martin Parker won the inaugural competition, admittedly with a very clever verse. One of mine scraped the longlist. 30th September
3) Science Teller competition. New Zealand competition. Free entry. Other art forms than poetry. Must have a scientific theme, but that's pretty broad. October 1st.
4) Words on the Web - the WOW awards. Got shortlisted last year. Unlikely to make the cut this year but will probably enter. October 1st. They extended the deadline last year - don't count on it this year!
5) TryAngle Project. Write a poem on Domestic Violence. Not for the faint hearted. October 10th
6) Sentinel Poetry Competition. 8 prize winners. Might be worth a punt. October 15th
7) Troubadour Poetry Prize. And a big prize too. 23 paying prizes which is impressive but probably too big for the likes of me. October 17th.
8) Open to Interpretation competition. Should suit any poets out there schooled on picture prompts. Select image. Write about it. October 20th. American competition
9) Francis Ledwidge competition. Can't find this on a dedicated webpage anywhere but its on the competition page of www.poetryireland.ie Never had any success here, probably because I keep sending them crap but the competition is a highly respected one.