"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Monday, August 22, 2011

Nowhere near the edge

The long list of 75 for the Over the Edge New Writer of the Year competition has been published and I see that I have managed to maintain my remarkable record in this contest by failing to appear anywhere on it yet again. I was pretty happy with my three entries but evidently the judges weren't. Such is life.
My expectations of appearing on the shortlist to be published this Thursday has consequently diminished somewhat...
Not many familiar names on the list, I have to say - Kimberley Campanello (Poetry Ireland Introductions 2011), Tom Lavelle, Barbara Leahy, Kerrie O'Brien and Breda Wall Ryan, from the best county in Ireland, are all that I recognise. But congratulations to all.

1 comment:

  1. It's a bit scary that there are so many potential New Writers of the Year. Rather cheering that so many are in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete