"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Strokestown Part 2 Saturday

After a late night in Anthony's during which Declan O'Brien, Martin Parker, another girl and myself did recimatations, it was very delicately we crept into Strokestown House at 10am on the Saturday morning for the first readings. But I was glad we made the effort. Ciaran O'Coigligh, a lovely man with whom I later had a long chat, and who later scooped the ash plant in the Scots / Gaelic competition, was up first followed by boat-dweller Jo Bell, (above) who is a brilliant performer and was my dark horse for the ultimate prize.
Tim O'Leary was another with whom I later chewed the cud at length - he read with Aine Ui Fhoghlu from An Rinn.
In the afternoon, Jane Routh read excellently with Sean O 'Curraoin, followed by Mike Barlow, another reading I thoroughly enjoyed and Heather Clyne, shortlisted in the Gaelic, despite only having taken up the language three years ago.
By that time, I'm afraid, we were all poemed out for the day, so skipped the final four readers (sorry!) and the Irish / Scots Gaelic prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment