"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Great news! A Flash of Orange now ready

Great news from my printers, ePrint, here in Blanchardstown this morning. Dropping through my hall door came a packet with the first proof of my self-published collection of verse, A Flash of Orange.
Now, here I can imagine some of you raising questioning eyebrows, as indeed I did myself. And going back to the envelope, I saw that it had been franked 12th February 2009.
Now ePrint is approximately two miles away from my house here in Dublin 15. That would make the speed of delivery approximately one mile per year. I suppose it would be even more amusing if I broke it down even further but I couldn't be bothered to do the sums.
In a strange perverse way, this delivery gave me something of a lift. For it now means that the packet of 100 year old family photographs that my great aunt posted to me in 2007, may in fact still arrive and may not be lost forever.

1 comment:

  1. Deliciously surreal! Here's hoping for Great Auntie's.

    ReplyDelete