"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Thursday, March 10, 2011

P.I. Introductions Series

At the end of February last year, I got an email stating that I had been awarded a place on the 2010 Poetry Ireland Introductions Series (any word for this year yet?) I suspect this was due to a typographical error and I still can't manage to look that brilliant but unrecognised poet Peter Boulding in the eye when I meet him.
I suppose it is only natural but I always keep an eye out for my fellow selectees, mainly out of jealousy, but also because in years to come, it might be a good way of cadging a drink off them.
Connie Roberts (you really should get yourself a website Connie!) of course won Dromineer and swept all before her, and deservedly so, at the Patrick Kavanagh awards.
David Mohan recently won the Gemini Poetry Open Award and it would appear that it is a bad week for him if he hasn't won some poetry competition or has been selected for inclusion in some magazine. If he wasn't so likable, I'd hate him.
Martin Dyar continues to cement his considerable reputation as an actor of some note. I often see notices up for his productions and his poetry readings are a must.
Ed O'Dwyer's name pops up regularly in lists of contributors. He organises readings down in Limerick and is very well known in poetry circles in the southwest.
And now Andrew Jamison, I see, (pictured above) is the featured poet for the Spring edition of 2011 of Stinging Fly, which has just arrived. He is another whose name keeps cropping up regularly but this really is a feather in his cap. I've been trying for years to get one poem in there - he has eight in one issue alone. So congratulations, Andrew, (he said, through gritted teeth)
Is it any wonder I am racked with inadequacy? But still, I like my pancake poem...

4 comments:

  1. I heard nothing from P Intros yet. Don't tell anyone but I even sent a few poems into The S Fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, Pete, I'll stand you a round any day!

    Thanks for the update on everyone. Delighted to hear of everyone's success, especially Andrew's latest news. I read with him on the night and loved his work.

    And yes, Mr. Boulding, I should get myself a website. I'm waiting till I have something to hawk :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see a perspective like this on everyone and congrats to Andrew on his 8 poem SF coup!

    Let's not lose sight of your own achievements, Pete - I seem to remember the acceptances have been coming pretty much constantly all through 2010 and 2011!

    ReplyDelete