"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Abridged career, erm, abridged

Dear Peter
Thanks for your interest in the abridged. Unfortunately we couldn't use your submissions in this instance. This isn't a reflection on the quality of your work, rather that we have so many submissions and so little space. Feel free to submit to future issues of course.
best wishes
Editor, Abridged


Ah, no complaints about this one. I got in the last time and its a beautiful magazine so good luck to all successful contributors and to the magazine itself. If I was honest, and I very rarely am, my submissions probably weren't among my big-hitters, as Kate Dempsey would say.

3 comments:

  1. A nice thoughtful reply at any rate Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot! I have so been meaning to send you this link:

    http://www.universalrejection.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Weaver. Makes it all the better.
    Titus, that is a classic. Think of all the money I could save!!

    ReplyDelete