"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wide eyed and Gregless

Many thanks to the lovely Nuala for advising us that the shortlist for the Greg O'Donohue prize has been announced.
I've been up and down the list seventeen times. I've pretended to look away and quickly
turned around and read it quickly. I've got down on my hands and knees and checked under the computer desk in case it had somehow fallen down but no - no sign of my name at all.
Congratulations to Peggy Gallagher and Noel King and all the other successful poets, he said, grinding his teeth down to stumps.
Incidentally, I see submissions are now open for Southword #20. Change of format for submissions - a bit complicated, so hopefully not many people will bother and I'll get in. Oh wait, I haven't been published by Bloodaxe, which seemed to be one of the requisites for issue #19 selected by editor Leanne O'Sullivan who herself has been published by...
Damn! Looks like I've debarred myself from ever appearing in Southword again...

No comments:

Post a Comment