"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

David Burland Poetry Prize


Hello Poetry Lover!
Re: David Burland Poetry Prize 2011
International Competition for Poets writing in English or French
Closing date or postmarked by 31 March 2011
The Prize Fund for this year has increased
and The first David Burland Poetry Anthology will be published in 2011
to include prize winners past and present
We look forward to receiving your submission
Information and booking form can be downloaded from:
http://www.davidburlandpoetryprize.com/
I've entered this competition for the past couple of years without any success whatsoever and sadly, even the tempting thought of appearing in their anthology will not induce me to part with a very steep €10 for the privilege of entering their competition in these recessionary times.
(Who is David Burland anyway? Should I have heard of him? Maybe I ought to set up the Peter Goulding Poetry Foundation. That way, people might think I'm a great poet?
Until they read my work, that is)

3 comments:

  1. "Would you like to join the literary ranks of xmoho bunburd and Tlitkee Murphee(mbe)?
    The Goulding Foundation invites submissions of under 50 lines for a tenner a pop.
    Multiple entries are most welcome.
    The judge reserves the right to refrain from awarding a first place if the submissions are shite."

    Why didnt Cowen think of that - could save the economy in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Burland...I'll have to google him, he is probably very famous! Where I have I been these years of hard labour? Would like to know if these contests are similar to purchasing a lottery ticket; one in a million. Yes, I'd love to know the odds. Poker Poetry? Write on the cards; a good advertisement and promo item! You are a font of wisdom Peter; thank-you for challenging my gaming spirit! Still shy and too cheap to enter but should I win big; I'll give it a shot in the dark!Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the anthology is proving a success both at home at overseas
    see list of winners 2013 www.davidburlandpoetryprize.com and the new competition 2014
    good luck - Pat

    ReplyDelete