"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Revival 17

Issue 17 of Revival dropped through my letter box this morning, entirely of its own volition. I normally only submit every third issue, so I hadn't submitted, even if Teri Murray would have deemed it worthy (think I may be mixing my tenses there, but you know what I mean)
I normally go to the writers that I know first. Normally that isn't very many but in this case, it was even fewer than usual, which, I suppose, is a good thing in that everybody gets a fair crack of the whip.
Tom Moloney who I met briefly at the Golden Pen, has a very engaging story about an anaesthetist and Richard Halperin, whom I have never met, but seems to turn up so often I regard him as an old friend, has a quite brilliant piece called The Lord has set her in Safety. Ed O'Dwyer, former White House guru, has a lovely poem with a killer ending and the only other person I'd heard of was a certain Peadar O'Donoghue, with a powerful 2010 version of Saturday Night Fever.
I suppose this is some small consolation for not having his work in the Poetry Bus magazine.
Incidentally, submissions are now being taken for Revival 18 - link above.

1 comment:

  1. Revival and The SHOp are the only two mags I have every single issue of.I love them both. Great cover this time!

    ReplyDelete