"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Friday, October 22, 2010

The best laid plans of mice and men...

Yesterday I was on the horns of a dilemna, a decidedly uncomfortable place to be. To which of three august events would I give the benefit of my patronage?
1) Sean Fitzpatrick was launching a new updated version of his book "Shelbourne's Cult Heroes" at Tolka Park. The book includes a number of my poems.
2) Boyne Writers had their marvellous open mic / guest poet reading in Knightsbridge and I thought I might inflict my Baffle poem on them to see where the stumbling blocks were likely to be.
3) The bi-monthly meeting of our local Phoenix Writers Group in the Bell.

However, spending four hours in the Blanchardstown Centre holding my wife's handbag while she tried on every jacket in the place gave me a desperate headache and I ended up doing none of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment