"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wow, wow, wow, wow, unbelievable!


Hi Peter

There are just over two weeks left until the closing date for the 2nd annual WOW! Awards in poetry and fiction.

The WOW! Awards are awarded to the best entries in poetry and fiction submitted and will be published in the WOW! Anthology.

The WOW! Awards are particularly suitable for those who have a short publishing record and for more emergent writers.

Full details, including submission details, are here


I was spectacularly unsuccessful in the first WOW awards last year, and indeed never managed to get anything accepted by WOW, but at €10 for three online entries, I may give it a shot again this year. The ubiquitous Michael Farry was shortlisted last year and Kilkenny's finest, Michael Massey was third, so the competition is pretty stiff.
And be warned, the closing date is October 1st.

4 comments:

  1. You don't know what a coincidence it is for you to post my book and Kate Bush on the same day! I have been a HUGE fan of hers for a very long time and to be on your blog with her is just the best!

    If I send back your superfluous tenner, that will cover your entries, will it?

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Peter: WoW! It is...Michael Farry...he's on my blog list. Talent of the Across the Pond People; my goodness!How to compete? I am in the presense of greats! I am in awe and double wow'd from Kate too. She's really funky! I like Kate Bush...big 80's mood singer; sort of mystic she is..I like that about the isles there; very poetic and mystical. Ideal in the Real. A quirky way of being; which makes my dna tingle somewhat for a prude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to be the first to do that, and will be very cross if Niamh has already.

    ReplyDelete