"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Okeydoke, let's move on


The reason I could not make it to the Classic Beatles show down in Loughrea last night (a fundraiser for Baffle) was because my daughter had bought me tickets for Apres Match at Vicar Street.
And a great night it was too, great seats, the only blackspot the nervous dash down Francis Street afterwards to get to the car before the Dutch Gold heads.
As usual, from Apres Match, it was a hit and miss affair, though with many more of the former. The Tom McGuirk / George Hook / Brent Pope sketch had me doubled up in laughter.
Barry Murphy's Paul Durcan was a howl, delivered totally deadpan "Fat bees/ See they fly / But not very high"
Barry Murphy (left, above) once used a couple of my poems at an FAI awards night many moons ago and he asked me to contribute to a League of Ireland TV programme that never got off the ground.

1 comment: