"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another rejection


Dear Peter,
Please accept my apologies for the monstrously slow reply. While I
read your submission attentively, I'm sorry to tell you that your
poems were not suitable for Rhythm Poetry Magazine. Thank you for your
time and interest in the magazine,
Editor
Rhythm Poetry Magazine
http://rhythmpoetrymagazine.english.dal.ca

Hmm, don't have any record of sending them anything. That's not to say I didn't. Maybe I was drunk at the time. Interesting that normally editors have a very high number of submissions of a very high standard but mine were "not suitable." Probably mentioned arses.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Peter:

    I guess they don't read magpie either -- I got a chuckle out this story. Love a good laugh.

    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artists are never appreciated whilst they suck air. Yes this sucks, but you know what you can do? Try try again! I am too afraid to submit anything. What I would be rejected? I would feel dejected! And stompin' mad! Why not self-publish? Or start a pr campaign? A commercial? Start up a biz...I don't know you're the smart one! Just dont give up, you got lots of friends here that know Peter Gould has ginormous kahuna talent. BB Talent Agency Are you considering going to an agent to make oddball suggestions and find your niche market? Kiss your creative independence goodbye. These editors want "yes" people and water-down and tamper with artists' work. Keep on trucking, if you can handle it! Good luck Peter. You've already "made it" in my books, but that doesnt butter the bread does it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I don't mind getting the rejections so long as I get a little bit of success every so often. I'm not so naive to think my poetry is the next big thing. For a start, I don't constantly re-work and fret about words. I tend to write them out free hand, then write them on the computer (making changes as I do it) then send them out (making further changes)
    Any more and I'd bore myself silly. Which is not how proper poets do it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, what was I telling you about the world of Canadian poetry again?

    ReplyDelete