"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Friday, March 26, 2010

Ticket for the Poetry Bus

The Poetry Bus goes on a month long world tour in April starting off on the east coast of Scotland at Rachel Fox's blog.
Tickets for the bus cost a poem (loose or otherwise) with your favourite word as a starting point.
My favourite word is a double-barrelled word shouted out by Fr. Jack in one episode of Father Ted. Arse-biscuit. The Arse bit prounced by scrunching up your face into a snarl.
My son is now known as Arse Biscuit. So is the canary. And my boss. It is a lovely graphic word, but I doubt I can write a poem about it.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think we ever use the word "drink" in this house without giving it the ol' Father Jack inflection.
    I have to go and watch them all again now to hear that "Arse-biscuit". (What a shame!) (One of my favourite scenes involves the game of "Buckaroo".)

    A favourite quote of ours came from some obscure Irish film: "'Tis a sad arse that can't rejoice." (That gets said quite a bit around here too.)

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me you've seen the actual real life arse biscuits from English Mum blog http://englishmum.com/2010/03/09/arsebiscuits/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great quote, Kat, never heard of it, but it certainly has a ring to it, if you pardon the expression.
    Kate, just checked it out! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete