"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Romance is not dead - official

I never buy my wife flowers on Valentines Day. Too bloody expensive.
Having said that, I never buy her flowers anyway because she doesn't give me enough allowance to be wasting on frippery.
I never buy her a card for Valentines Day either. Too bloody expensive. Instead, I make one. I fold a bit of card in half, put a funny picture on the front and add a caption. On the inside I stick a poem. On the back cover, I put things like "Copyright - Cheapo cards 2010" It shows I make the effort. Anybody can buy a card. (I do the same for Christmas and birthday and wedding anniversary)
She never buys me cards either. Hallmark must hate us. She keeps 4 cards in the bottom of her knicker draw, one each of the above four card-giving occasions. I have had the same four cards every year for the last 20 years. As she says the sentiment's the same, so what's the point in wasting money.
For Christmas, her father gave us €100 to go out for a meal. We were looking around the area trying to find somewhere new, when I heard a piece on Drivetime about the 4 star McWilliams Park Hotel in Claremorris offering dinner, bed and breakfast for two for €99 all in. I was almost embarrassed taking it off them, as its so cheap, but my true nature came to the fore and we're off on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment