"Seven bums and fourteen legs,
a brazen ecstasy which begs
the question some of us are asking -
is Peter Goulding multi-tasking?"

Martin Parker, Editor, Lighten Up Online

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Strokestown poetry festival

Turn of the year and thoughts turn to getting my entries in for Strokestown.
I've been nominated three years out of the past four for the Political Satire / Humorous Verse competition (winning once and second once) but have so far been singularly unsuccessful in the main serious poetry competition.
I have decided to make it my life's goal to get nominated in the main competition. Having said that, the competition is so hot every year that the rest of my life might not be long enough to achieve that goal.
But, nominated or not, we'll still be going down on the May Bank Holiday. A great weekend and very much recommended.
Deadline, and I believe online entries are being accepted for the first time, is February 5th.
http://www.strokestownpoetry.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment